Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Driving this Blog into the Ditch

About 3 and a half years ago I cranked up my ole technology box and landed on Blogger. I had been wanting a forum to write my thoughts and wanted to sharpen my writing skills. This blog morphed into several things including a way for family to keep up with our goings on on the West Coast, an avenue for people within the church I was serving to read what's going on behind the sermons, and a way for Anonymous to at once encourage me and to harass me. But, alas, the time has come to put it to bed.

But, why, Jason? You might find that question and consternation bubbling up within you right now. I've been mulling this decision because I didn't want to pull a Michael Jordan and retire and unretire several times before sunrise. I pastor a great church in Memphis--Neighborhood Church--and I need to give more time to reading and writing for the tasks at hand there. If I have anything worthwhile to contribute, then it'll probably show up there. Since I am bi-vocational I have another job too, which is going to be asking a lot out of me. I need to give myself fully to both of these ventures.

I believe in simplicity and try to live it. And driving this blog into the ditch is a way for me to achieve it in some small way. If you would like to contact me you may do so through Neighborhood Church's website www.ncmidtown.com You'll find me on the staff page, of course.

So, now, may the Lord bless you and keep you and cause his face to shine upon you. May he give you grace all the days of your life.

Thanks,

Jason

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Aw. Sad day. I will miss August Burning. But I'm glad I get to see the real thing in person.

I don't blame you though. Blogs are entangling.