Thursday, July 28, 2005

Ten Years Already?

Well, this weekend is my ten year high school reunion. Hard to believe that it's been a decade already. Sadly I will be in absentia from the ceremonies. I had already bought tickets to visit my family and the reunion was schedule for after I came back. I'll miss the group.

They put up with a lot of immaturity from me way back when. I'm grateful for that and am surprised that I was not banned from the reunion roster. Viva la graciousness!!!!!

The ten days in Mississippi went really well. Yes, it was hot--four days over 100 degrees. The heat was drippin' from the trees. I saw the nieces and nephew, played basketball, ate bbq, hung out with my little sis and my bigger bros. All in all it was a fine to do. My stated goal before going was to rest so much that I would get bed sores. I came mighty close to succeeding, but then, maybe that's a failure worth having.

Hit the ground running when I got back. It's good to go away. It's good to come back. It's just good to be alive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toby and I will be sure to take lots of pictures and send you a recap of the weekend events. I wish things would have worked out so you and Barb could be at the reunion. You'll be missed!!!

I'm glad to hear you had a great time in MS. How long had it been since your last visit? Toby, Todd and I seem to make a MS trip every month. I think that's a lot, but the grandparents don't. They would love it if we just left Todd with them. We did agree to send Todd for a weekend a couple of weeks ago. The grandparents are already asking when they can come get him again.

I'm going to email you the link to our family website. You can see what we have been up to this summer. Be sure to check next week for the reunion pictures.

ERH

Andy & Katie said...

We'll miss seeing you there too. I've been following your blog for a while though I haven't commented yet. Toby and Eron gave me the address.

I hope everything is going well. It sounds like you are busy. My wife and I live in Atlanta, and we have a 4 month old who keeps us very busy. Through this comment you should be able to link to our sight.

I was working in Northern CA in early spring, but it was a month or two before I found out where you were. It's a shame we couldn't meet up.

~Andy

Andy & Katie said...

Okay, so I lied, you can't link through to our blog. I forgot I have it set to be unsearchable with the baby pics and all.

the address is:

www.kennedytales.blogspot.com