Thursday, November 09, 2006

It's been 6 weeks?!!! But why, Jason?

Ah, here it is, mid-November, nice breeze, comfortable conditions inside and out. This place is starting to feel a bit more like home as we unpack, repack, throw away, and/or set up our things. The baby unofficially has more stuff than any of us, lucky thing.

We find out Thanksgiving week if it's a boy or girl. Judging by Barb's belly, it's a giant. My birthday is on that week, so I am blessed all ways around.

Recently went up to Minnesota with the team to the Alpha conference to learn from the creators of the course. It was a great trip for us as a team as God solidified some visioning stuff and also as we worked out some immediate structure things with our meetings. And, blessing again, a friend from Hillside was there at the conference, Steve. We were able to have great talks and share a meal downtown one night. Steve and I meet in all the exotic places--dormitory in seminary, Catalina, Corte Madera/Larkspur, Minneapolis. Ah, the life of a jet-setter.

I know I haven't been posting as much. That's for a few reasons. Let me number them:
1. This will be a more personal site and will deal primarily with family and person items.

2. Church planting updates and anything to do with that kind of thing will go to another site. It it http://projectmustardseed.com/blog/ There's various stuff on there so you'll have to do some sifting through. If you want updates or our newsletter, which will condence the news down, then email me (or reply to this post) and I'll hook you up.

3. We are in the planning stages of organizing, strategizing, and building a website. God's brought along our side a very capable web-wizard who is also turning out to be a great friend. So #2 above is for updates, thoughts pertaining to our situation in Memphis, and this website might eventually incorporate it.

4. To blog about everything is to blog about nothing.

5. "Blogs are written by people with nothing to say and are read by people with nothing to do," which is a quote I heard Guy Kamasaki say at a conference in San Francisco. So I quote that to myself every now and again as I login and then ask, "Is this worth saying?"

6. Further with #5, I want to make sure I write well and have something good to say. We all have enough to read, so there's no need for me to write everything I think. I agree with Otto Rank who said, "there is already too much truth…an over-production which apparently cannot be consumed!" The bookstores and blogospere proves it: never has so much been written, yet so little been said.


I sincerely hope that you and yours are doing well. I appreciate you reading this and showing interest in what's going on in me and with me. Drop a line and holla if you wish.

Blessings,

Jason

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I enjoy reading your blog; and I agree, it is because I have nothing to do!......Not really, I'm just a procrastinator!

God always gives us something to look forward to, and finding out if it's a boy or a girl is one of them!

Blessings to all of you! EK*

annelies said...

yes. whatever you have to say is worthwhile. i love reading what my friends have to say about everything and nothing. i see my blog as a way of staying connected with family and friends across the country. now that you live far away, i want to know about random thoughts, good cups of coffee, matches' favorite new park, any good new reads. otherwise all i will hear are prayer requests, which in and of themselves are good, but i want to be connected in with what's going on with you both more than just from a church planting angle. hope this makes sense.

i bet it's a boy. :)

Jason Elder said...

Procrastinators are always welcomed. I should've put that on the list also.

Yep, it's all about sorting out what goes where and what's appropriate. I've got a bunch of marbles in my head rolling around and I want the right one's in the right slots--like parcheesi.

There: procrastinate and parcheesi. Two very dynamic p-words. And I thought this was going to be a mundane monday.