Saturday, January 01, 2005

365 more days to go

Happy New Year's to you and yours.

I know that right about now we are all learning more and more about the tsunami in south east Asia. We are all caught by the destruction, which I will not mention here for I know that we have seen it on video tape over and over. NASA provided some interesting photos from space, which makes we wonder why NASA was watching Indonesia anyway and who else are they watching. I'm not a conspiracy guy, but I just wonder.

It's confusing at times watching television. I can do from seeing the tsunami to a football bowl game to a cartoon to a cooking show to a shop-at-home program in just 5 seconds. That's a wide range of emotion to cover, yet we do it again. With everyday life we don't get that flux of emotion. If someone pisses us off in our family or at work we have to deal with it and wouldn't necessarily go play a board game, yet we do that with television. I wonder if that makes us less likely to believe that what we see is actually real. I don't know.


No comments: